Think and Grow Rich is a 1937 motivational personal development and self-help book by Napoleon Hill  and inspired by a suggestion from Scottish-American businessman Andrew Carnegie. While the title implies that this book deals with how to get rich, the author explains that the philosophy taught in the book can be used to help people succeed in all lines of work and to do or be almost anything they want
Just as almost every pumpkin farmer grows ordinary Halloween carving pumpkins, most entrepreneurs grow ordinary, unremarkable businesses. Yet by tweaking their approach in small ways, farmers can grow giant, prize-winning pumpkins that get all the attention and press coverage. In The Pumpkin Plan, Mike Michalowicz, author of the perennial “business cult classic” The Toilet Paper Entrepreneur, reveals how applying the same few simple methods farmers use to grow colossal prize-winning pumpkins can lead entrepreneurs to grow colossally successful businesses.
Never started a company before? Struggling with little or no cash? Have no experience, no baseline to judge your progress against? Thank God! You’ve got a shot at making this work. So says Mike Michalowicz, author of The Toilet Paper Entrepreneur, a business book that is so uniquely useful, so raw and entertaining, it reads like the brainchild of Steve Jobs and Chris Rock.
What if, rather than you serving your business, your business served you? What if you could turn a profit from your very next deposit? And what if you had the power to guarantee that profitability? In his follow-up to the cult classic The Toilet Paper Entrepreneurand the game-changing book, The Pumpkin Plan, author and entrepreneur Mike Michalowicz details the cash management system that will ensure any business – of any size, in any industry, no matter how much debt it carries or how many years it has been operating—will become permanently profitable.
In Scaling Up, Harnish and his team share practical tools and techniques for building an industry-dominating business. These approaches have been honed from over three decades of advising tens of thousands of CEOs and executives and helping them navigate the increasing complexities (and weight) that come with scaling up a venture. This book is written so everyone — from frontline employees to senior executives — can get aligned in contributing to the growth of a firm. There’s no reason to do it alone, yet many top leaders feel like they are the ones dragging the rest of the organization up the S-curve of growth.
Mastering the Rockefeller Habits, first published in 2002, has been replaced by Verne Harnish’s new book Scaling Up: How a Few Companies Make It…and Why the Rest Don’t. Consider it Rockefeller Habits 2.0, but a re-formatted, full-color version with new material not found in the original. This book is written so everyone — from frontline employees to senior executives — can get aligned in contributing to the growth of a firm,
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links on this page are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. These are all things that I currently use or have used before and I am recommending them because they are helpful and are companies that I trust, not because of the commissions that I may earn from you using these products and services.
My Most Recommended:
If you look at nothing else on this page, these are the five that you should know about. I find myself recommending these resources again and again, in emails and on podcasts. I use them because they make my life and business easier, and I’m confident you’ll agree too.
Podfly: My most recommended done for you service for Podcasters. Podfly takes the time and headache out of creating your own podcast. Their team sets you up with the right equipment, training, and guidance to ensure you sound amazing. Podfly does all the heavy lifting and technical work so you can focus on creating great content and growing your audience.
Fizzle: Training from experts you trust + vital community. Create an online business you’re proud of. I’m proud to say that I’m a Fizzler. It’s changed my life both online and offline. Click here to get your first month for just $1.
Bluehost: They are incredibly easy to use especially their 1-click automatic WordPress installation and excellent customer service – via phone and via chat. I highly recommend using Bluehost to anyone who is just starting out. Click here to get a special discount off the regular price!
GetResponse: I’ve recently moved over to GetResponse because my business needs have simply outgrown Aweber. I absolutely love GetResponse. Their support and user friendly interface is amazing. If you’re looking to get more out of your AR service then GetResponse is what you need.
LeadPages: Easily create high-quality landing pages, squeeze pages, and sales pages. LeadPages will help you convert viewers into subscribers or buyers. Best of all, it works both with WordPress and non-WordPress sites as well.
Podcasters’ Paradise: THE #ONE Community for Podcasters. This is the only resource you will ever need to Create | Grow | Monetize your podcast. Over 700 members are consuming the 120+ video tutorials, engaging with other Podcasters in the private Facebook group, & loving the monthly webinars with todays top Podcasters! If you’re not a Podcast Paradiser yet, then Sign up for our FREE Live Webinars here!
- Bluehost: They are incredibly easy to use especially their 1-click automatic WordPress installation and excellent customer service – via phone and via chat. I highly recommend using Bluehost to anyone who is just starting out. (special discounted rate)
Here’s a super quick tutorial on setting up your blog on BlueHost.
- Start a Blog that Matters: For anyone just starting out, and even for those who are somewhat experienced, I highly recommend Corbett Barr’s How to Start a Blog that Matters course. Click here to get your first month for just $1.
- StudioPress: I’ve used StudioPress for years and in my honest opinion, this is the best and easiest theme to work with. Very user friendly. They keep the “non techy” dudes like me in mind when they create their themes.
Landing Page Software:
- LeadPages: Easily create high-quality landing pages, squeeze pages, and sales pages. LeadPages will help you convert viewers into subscribers or buyers. Best of all, it works both with WordPress and non-WordPress sites as well.
Email Marketing Services:
- Aweber: The most powerful email opt-in service and email marketing tool out there. It’s what I personally use to build my email list, and used by nearly every “guru” and marketer online.
- GetResponse: I’ve recently moved over to GetResponse because my business needs have simply outgrown Aweber. I absolutely love GetResponse. Their support and user friendly interface is amazing. If you’re looking to get more out of your AR service then GetResponse is what you need.
Click here to learn how to Start an Email Autoresponder Series that Makes You Money
Analyzing & Tracking Results:
- PrettyLinks: The BEST link tracking and url shortner for wordpress blogs. Best feature is that it converts keywords on your blog with the actual links you cloak. A true autopilot plug-in.
- Google Analytics: Google’s free website tracking and analytical tool. A must have for anyone with any type of website.
- Clicky: It’s just like Google Analytics, except it’s easier to use, and you can view how many people are on your site (and what they’re doing) in real time! Your first site is free.
- Market Samurai: The best keyword research tool on the planet, hands down with out a shadow of a doubt. You want to get ranked high in the search engines, get more traffic, then this is the tool you need.
- Google Adwords Tool: A free keyword research tool. This is good to see the popularity of certain keywords and to spy on the competition if you’re doing adwords stuff.
- Fiverr: Anything you need for just $5 bucks. My blog header, my podcast intros, and most of my design work I get from Fiverr.
- Odesk: One of my favorite places to outsource. You can pay by the hour or a fixed rate. A big advantage with Odesk is that you can monitor their work.
- Elance: Hired service for jsut about anything you can think of.
- Freelancer: Another outsource website for freelancers, IT companies, programmers and web designers from all over the world.
Video Hosting Resources:
- s3 Amazon: The best and cheapest place to host all your video. Not only that, but you can host all your audios, PDF’s, eBooks, pretty much anything you can download and stream. (make sure you get “Simple Storage Service”)
- Easy Video Player: This is the best video marketing software EVER. It integrates with s3 Amazon. Very POWERFUL and HIGHLY recommended!
- Youtube: Free video streaming service. This is good for any videos that’s free for the public to view. (For any private videos, I suggest getting s3 amazon and use EVP for easy access and streaming.)
- Libsyn: This is where I host all of my podcast audios and small size files like PDF’s and zip files. Perfect for podcasters, and great for small size files.
- SoundCloud: Still in beta for Podcasters, but another great hosting resource that allows you to store your mp3 files and release them via an RSS to the major directories. Plus, you’ll be released on SoundCloud itself!
Product Distribution & Payment Processors:
- Clickbank: A digital product retailer. Probably the most popular of all payment processors. Great affiliate program for your products.
- 1Shopping Cart: This is a good cart for big ticket items. It’s compatible with Paypal Standard, Paypal Pro, Google Checkout, Authorize.net, TrialPay, Clickbank & 2CheckOut. Works like a charm, very low price to use. Comes with a decent affiliate program for your products.
- Paypal: This one is just ok for selling your own little products. I wouldn’t go to big with these guys. I’d recommend using any of the above carts for big ticket items.
- The 4 Hour Work Week by Tim Ferriss: Read this book 3 times. LOVE IT! My online business in 2012 is going to be based in the teachings from this book.
- Crush It! by Gary Vaynerchuk: If you’re into blogging, social media, or simply just want to crush it! Then this is the book for you. Read this one 4 times in 2011 😉
- Think and Grow Rich: What more can I say. The title says it all 😉